Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The chief value of money lies in the fact that one lives in a world in which it is overestimated.-Mencken

Well, folks, I finally got myself in gear and got this blog started. I've been talking about creating some kind of site that would feature things to do, people to see, and places to go for $30 and under for about a year and a half now. The big difference between my blog and the event guides and so on found in Newsday, Long Island dot com, and many others is that my blog will not be focusing on large commercial events (for the most part...some may sneak in here and there if I feel they are worth a mention), but instead on lower profile eateries, shows, venues and the like that will give you a lot of bang for your buck without breaking the bank. I'd really like to have this be a more grassroots kind of thing (too bad someone already had the name Grassroots!). Who knows, you may even stumble upon the next big epicurean thing or up-and-coming musician stumbling through my posts!
Do you have suggestions? Photos? Critiques? Email me at cheap.date.long.island@gmail.com. I will try to ensure that all photos, video clips and other pieces of intellectual property are properly credited.

No comments: