Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to. -Elvis Presley

I'm back!
I have some great updates from a few sources for tonite's entry! And best off...these updates I'm adding in now do more than meet Cheap Date standards...they're all FREE!!!!

Some more night music...
There's a reason I hang out with certain people. I prefer to keep company with fun and intelligent people, and my galpal Sandy is one. She hooked me up with some great info for you classical buffs out there:
"Hey, here is a link to free concerts out east and for the remainder of the season. Maybe you can post on your website. It is really good, it is the top musical students and teachers from around the island that were picked. I heard that last weekend in Westhampton was great and that a lot of people that were just walking by stayed the whole time. It had a really nice crowd and people really enjoyed it. AND IT’S FREE!"
http://soundsymphony.org/
Thanks, Sand! See ya this weekend!

Cinema buffs, we have something for you!
How about a little culture and a movie for FREE? The Cinema Arts Centre is hosting Cinema in the Library, with The Diving Bell and the Butterfly at Harborfields Public Library on July 31 at 7 PM, and Divan at the East Meadow Public Library on August 4 at 7:30 PM.

And now for something completely different...
How about an origami festival? Don't laugh...this is some really cool paperfolding! For someone who struggled with making paper fans and airplanes in my younger days, this is just jaw dropping! Even if it does not interest you, take a look at the website.

Slam poetry is alive and well here on the Island. For a schedule of upcoming events, click here.

"To be, or not to be..."
Like Shakespeare? But maybe not enough to pay for a tankful of gas, drive upstate, buy tickets, wait on long lines, and fight off other festival goers in SpendePennye Lane? The Shakespeare Festival is still going on here on LI...take advantage of it!

Not too sure about this one...
I see no info about admission fees, but this looks like one GREAT exhibit...3rd Annual Outsider Art in the Hamptons. Really hoping it's free as I want to head over on the 9th for the North Sea Poetry thing (as Miss Chris is a HUGE poetry fanatic...not prose, POETRY...there is a difference!)

Just a reminder...
Patchogue has Alive After 5 again this week...and even though I try to avoid cover bands...Ed Travers is playing (yeah, that Jimmy Buffet guy!). Come on down, say hi to me as I will be at the table next to where Ed is playing and grab a beer. Life is good!

No comments: