Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fall not in love, therefore; it will stick to your face. -- National Lampoon

As if you could not tell from tonight's quote, I am back to hating men. I try to keep emotion out of my blog, but when you hold out hope that someone you have been spending time with might just find you interesting enough to spend some real time with shoots you down in flames, well, you get upset, crank up some Sam Cooke, eat some ice cream, proceed to walk about four miles in a thunderstorm to burn off the calories you just ingested, and then blog like crazy! If I was up to it, I'd be out singing melancholy tunes at karaoke, but I'd rather sit here and pour my heart out and hope that my single friends who read my blog will understand if I just stay home with my cats and write about some events that might interest them. In this post, the $30 per couple guideline is kicked to the curb...it's a free for all tonite! I just can't wait until I go away whale watching this weekend! No cell phone, no laptop, just me. sweats, books, my guitar, camera, and a couple of Blue Point growlers, and my iPod. I HAVE GIVEN UP!!!!!! I have resigned myself to the fact that I will continue to be the crazy cat lady of Patchogue. I just don't get it. I'm cute, have my own place, a nice car, pay my own way, have a set of brass ones most people would envy. I guess I should be blonde, skinny, and dumb as a bag of rocks, with nothing to offer. Oh, enough of me venting...let me crank the Sam Cooke up a bit louder, indulge in a bit of vice (my beer), and get to work here! The Tennessee Waltz is on...I feel a bit more motivated now!
Oh, Lord...Another Saturday Night just came on...thank you, Sam Cooke, to reminding me of my plight! It's another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody, but I got some money 'cause I just got paid, how I wish I had someone to talk to, I'm in an awful way...(Ok, it's Thursday, but I'm feeling sorry for myself!)
It's Friday Night!
And as mentioned, Alive After 5 is back in full force! Come on down to put your child out there and display their talents at the library stage, Reckoning is at the Blue Point stage (Patchogue Hippies unite!), and of course, as previously mentioed, Jay Scott and others will be at the theatre stage. Come on down to say hi to me at the theatre table!
Christian McBride is playing in Huntington! If you don't recognize the name you should! He is a jazz legend and has played with such luminaries as Diana Krall, Herbie Hancock, and Wynton Marsalis. Check this show out if you are in the area!
A Whole Lotta Led laser lite show will be at the Vanderbilt Planetarium Friday night! Led Zepplin fans, get on over and enjoy!
Brideshead Revisited is playing at Cinema Arts. A great story of religious conflict and passion, this is a movie to see.
Poetry open mic night at bj spoke gallery. 'Nuff said.
Saturday Night Fever!
LITMA is hosting a house sing at 3PM. Click on the link for more info.
The Vail Leavitt Music Hall is hosting a staging of Hamlet this weekend. For nore info, click on the link.
Hemingway has decided that it is not ok for Mommy to drown her sorrows in writing and wants to provide kitty love....so I am signing off for a few days. I'll be back in a few to give y'all some new things to do next weekend!

No comments: