Wednesday, August 20, 2008

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur. - Larson

I saw this quote and was reminded of a song by Billy Jonas..."What Kind of Cat are You?" I have a bit of cat scratch fever right now! Yesterday, a flurry of emails were flying around between one of the librarians I work with, a work study, and myself...a kitten was found in a box, the work study could not keep it, none of the shelters would take it...what to do? Unfortunately, this puts me at FOUR cats, which is toeing the line at being the crazy cat lady of Patchogue! So, I am reaching out to you all...does anyone want a six week old kitten? She looks like she's part Maine Coon, black and grey with mackerel markings, and takes no crap from anyone! She may be little, but she was putting my (much larger) cats in their place. She has a bit of an upper respiratory infection right now that I am working on clearing up. She is a MUSH, by the way, and loves to lay in your lap or on your chest...she will also follow you EVERYWHERE! I have dubbed her Poe for now, but you can name her anything you want (but if you name her anything really lame like Fluffy, Cookie, or Princess--DON'T TELL ME!). Someone, please adopt her! I have found homes for every homeless cat that has come my way...don't let me break my lucky streak!
How could you refuse this little toughie?

Quick and dirty...
A few updates for this week! Phil Minissale will be at Bobbique this Thursday, August 21. I've mentioned him before on this blog. Listen to a true finger pickin' blues prodigy and enjoy a wide variety of beers on tap and in bottles while you do.

The Riverhead Railroad Festival is August 23rd and 24th at the Railroad Museum of Long Island on Griffing Avenue. Admission is $6 per person and features live music, train rides, operating models, and special guests The Long Island Antique Power Association.

Sayville Marina Park hosts a free viewing of Grease on Saturday, August 23. Bring a lawn chair!

On Sunday, I Fish NY presents Children's Saltwater Clinics, $8.

Also on Sunday, Sounds of the Rat Pack at 3pm, Sterling Glen (100 Landing Road), Roslyn. FREE!

Gotta run, but I'm already gathering info for the next post! If your organization has an event they would like to promote, or if you know of something I am missing, email me at cheap.date.long.island@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments: